Make this your go-to on Meatless Mondays, or any day. The sweet potatoes are considered a super-food thanks to being packed with vitamins A and C, plus fibre; quinoa is a great source of vegetarian protein; and let’s not forget the nutritional power of savoy cabbage, a leafy green. This meal can all be done in one pan; here’s how:
- Dice 1 medium onion and soften it in a little olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add a sprinkle of ground ginger.
- Meanwhile, peel and cube 2 large sweet potatoes; chop up enough cabbage to make 2 cups cabbage; slice a handful of mushrooms.
- When the onion is softened, add the sweet potatoes and 2 cups vegetable broth.
- Add 1 cup of red quinoa; cover pan and let come to a boil.
- Stir in the cabbage and mushrooms, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium-low for about 15 minutes, until quinoa and sweet potato cubes are cooked through. (Add a little water if needed.)
- Makes 4 servings. Great as a workday lunch the next day, too.