If you planted zucchinis back in spring, you are probably experiencing the same thing I am: too many, and they still keep coming. But, they’re delicious, and good for you. For one thing, they’re really low in calories–just 17 per 100 grams–and they are also a great source of fibre. Here’s a recipe to keep you using them in delicious ways.
- Slice a medium zucchini in quarters lengthwise. Slice off the pulp and seeds from the core. Take a cheese plane and run it along the length of each quarter, piling the thin slices on a platter.
- Throw on fresh herbs–I used basil and mint.
- Add fresh peas, cherry tomatoes and olives.
- Sprinkle on some crumbled low-fat feta cheese, and drizzle with some good olive oil.
- Squeeze a half lemon all over the salad, and sprinkle on a little salt and pepper.